Change Of Use
GET A FREE QUOTE
Every new business in a commercial building requires a development permit for a change of use. The application process reviews the parking and all regulations applicable to the new user. When the permits are conditions for a lease agreement or a sale, it is important to treat these permit applications seriously to improve the chance of success and to expedite the approval time.
Do I need a Change Of Use permit?
YES you need a Change Of Use permit:
- Change of Use projects always require a permit.
Use our expertise
We provide on-site support to assist you with the regulations and requirements of building codes and bylaws that will impact your project. Our friendly and knowledgeable team will measure and document the existing and new developments of your home. We will identify and interpret any foreseeable issues and provide solutions and direction to get the job done right.
What is a Building Permit?
A building permit is one that allows the construction of a building or structure to move forward on the condition that it addresses and is in compliance with the building code of a city, town or county. A building permit is necessary when any construction, relocation, alteration, demolition or repair is taking place on a property. In some instance, some buildings and structures are exempt, such as...Read more >
What is a Development Permit?
A development permit provides permission for a specific type of development to take place on a site. The permit can be for any development such as the construction of a new house or the change of use of a commercial space from a retail use to a restaurant. The review process ensures that the proposed development meets the regulation of the local Land Use Bylaw (Zoning). For example, the developmen...Read more >
We're here to help with all your development and construction project permits:
How do I get a permit for my project?
There are really two ways to get a permit for your project : (1) DIY and (2) Permit Masters.
Do it yourself (DIY).
Find a little help in our “Permit Pointers” blog.
- 1Go to the city website for information on Development and Building Permits.
- 2Download digital PDF list of requirements.
- 3Download digital PDF application and forms.
- 4Review the land use bylaws for the regulations of your site (i.e. setbacks, height...).
- 5Create a site plan (bird’s-eye view) drawing to scale with all property dimensions. Include north arrow, street address, legal descriptions, property lines, easements, and utility rights-of-way and all other requirements requested by the city.
- 6Create building plans of proposed construction to scale including plan views and structural cross-sections. Include locations, spans, sizes, grades, and spacing of structure.
- 7Ensure that the drawings meet all Building Code requirements.
- 8Wait in line at City Hall.
- 9Present application.
- 10Make revisions as required.
- 11Return to City Hall and reapply.
- 12Hope everything is in order.
Do it yourself (DIY)
It’s an easy 3 step process.
Call us. We will then evaluate what you need and let you know what it will take to get your permit approved