Permit Masters specializes in getting you the commercial and residential permit approvals you need. Take the stress out of the permit process. Regardless of whether you are about to do the work or even if the work is already complete, let Permit Masters leverage our expertise in bylaws, zoning, and negotiations to professionally present you to City Hall and get you the approval you need.
Our residential permits include:
Adding or enlarging a window requires a building permit to ensure that fire safety and the structuraRead more >
A sunroom, sun parlour, sun porch, or sun lounge is a structure usually constructed onto the side orRead more >
More and more people are looking to add a secondary suite to their basement or above a detached garaRead more >
When you undertake the renovation of your home you will be faced with numerous decisions. Each wilRead more >
In most jurisdictions the construction of a new garage or shed larger than 10 sq m in size requiresRead more >
Most municipalities require homeowners to submit site plans and construction details of their proposRead more >
When you undertake the development of your basement project, you have to deal with a lot of detailsRead more >
Adding square footage is one of the best value added decisions to your real estate investment. NotRead more >
What is a Building Permit?
A building permit is one that allows the construction of a building or structure to move forward on the condition that it addresses and is in compliance with the building code of a city, town or county. A building permit is necessary when any construction, relocation, alteration, demolition or repair is taking place on a property. In some instance, some buildings and structures are exempt, such as...Read more >
What is a Development Permit?
A development permit provides permission for a specific type of development to take place on a site. The permit can be for any development such as the construction of a new house or the change of use of a commercial space from a retail use to a restaurant. The review process ensures that the proposed development meets the regulation of the local Land Use Bylaw (Zoning). For example, the developmen...Read more >
We're here to help with all your development and construction project permits:
How do I get a permit for my project?
There are really two ways to get a permit for your project : (1) DIY and (2) Permit Masters.
Do it yourself (DIY).
Find a little help in our “Permit Pointers” blog.
- 1Go to the city website for information on Development and Building Permits.
- 2Download digital PDF list of requirements.
- 3Download digital PDF application and forms.
- 4Review the land use bylaws for the regulations of your site (i.e. setbacks, height...).
- 5Create a site plan (bird’s-eye view) drawing to scale with all property dimensions. Include north arrow, street address, legal descriptions, property lines, easements, and utility rights-of-way and all other requirements requested by the city.
- 6Create building plans of proposed construction to scale including plan views and structural cross-sections. Include locations, spans, sizes, grades, and spacing of structure.
- 7Ensure that the drawings meet all Building Code requirements.
- 8Wait in line at City Hall.
- 9Present application.
- 10Make revisions as required.
- 11Return to City Hall and reapply.
- 12Hope everything is in order.
Do it yourself (DIY)
It’s an easy 3 step process.
Call us. We will then evaluate what you need and let you know what it will take to get your permit approved