Permit Masters specializes in getting you the commercial and residential permit approvals you need. Take the stress out of the permit process. Regardless of whether you are about to do the work or even if the work is already complete, let Permit Masters leverage our expertise in bylaws, zoning, and negotiations to professionally present you to City Hall and get you the approval you need.
Our commercial permits include:
Turned down by your local municipality? Decisions made by the local municipality can often be appealRead more >
The seasonal use of an outdoor space is an opportunity to maximize the revenue of a restaurant, coffRead more >
If you are planning to build, add or improve the interior of a commercial building, you will be requRead more >
If you are looking at repairing, improving or updating the exterior of your building, you will be reRead more >
Before purchasing a property or embarking on a lengthy and costly approval process for a project, PeRead more >
Sign permits are one of the most challenging permits to obtain. Each municipality and each neighborhRead more >
What is a Building Permit?
A building permit is one that allows the construction of a building or structure to move forward on the condition that it addresses and is in compliance with the building code of a city, town or county. A building permit is necessary when any construction, relocation, alteration, demolition or repair is taking place on a property. In some instance, some buildings and structures are exempt, such as...Read more >
What is a Development Permit?
A development permit provides permission for a specific type of development to take place on a site. The permit can be for any development such as the construction of a new house or the change of use of a commercial space from a retail use to a restaurant. The review process ensures that the proposed development meets the regulation of the local Land Use Bylaw (Zoning). For example, the developmen...Read more >
We're here to help with all your development and construction project permits:
How do I get a permit for my project?
There are really two ways to get a permit for your project : (1) DIY and (2) Permit Masters.
Do it yourself (DIY).
Find a little help in our “Permit Pointers” blog.
- 1Go to the city website for information on Development and Building Permits.
- 2Download digital PDF list of requirements.
- 3Download digital PDF application and forms.
- 4Review the land use bylaws for the regulations of your site (i.e. setbacks, height...).
- 5Create a site plan (bird’s-eye view) drawing to scale with all property dimensions. Include north arrow, street address, legal descriptions, property lines, easements, and utility rights-of-way and all other requirements requested by the city.
- 6Create building plans of proposed construction to scale including plan views and structural cross-sections. Include locations, spans, sizes, grades, and spacing of structure.
- 7Ensure that the drawings meet all Building Code requirements.
- 8Wait in line at City Hall.
- 9Present application.
- 10Make revisions as required.
- 11Return to City Hall and reapply.
- 12Hope everything is in order.
Do it yourself (DIY)
It’s an easy 3 step process.
Call us. We will then evaluate what you need and let you know what it will take to get your permit approved